Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January One - Who Wants Breakfast?

Good Morning Everyone! I have received a ton of feedback from yesterday's post. Thank you....I needed to hear to some of your comments. 

But lets get on with it shall we. Many of you may not know that I use to be an avid blogger over on The Renee Chronicles and moved over to Turbulent Indigo (Any guesses on where that comes from?) Since mid - last year I have kind of left the creative writing portion in the trash. So part of what I want to incorporate in this blog is Pop It In The Oven and a little bit of who this Renee person is. 

For Christmas 2012 I made a cook book out of the recipes I incorporated on my blog for my family. It was intended to be something funny and how I remember food being cooked as a kid. It was by no exaggeration a huge hit. With that being said, let me bring together the best of the best recipes here. Maybe at the end of the year we will have a little something put together that is open - free and fun and easily shared with friends and family. 

Today's recipe is all about Crepes. To me, these are very special thin pancakes of glory. As kids my brothers and I use to sit around the dinner table begging for more crepes. I honestly don't know how that woman put up with all of us. If you are considering buying these in a package please read on. It will only take about 60 mins out of your life and you will be so grateful.

Crepes! or French Pancakes or Wicked Thin Pancakes Bub.........

Ingredients: 
1 cup of milk
2 tbsp butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup of flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt.

Heat together the milk and butter. Do not boil just get it hot enough so the butter is melted. When cooled add into other ingredients and mix until smooth. A hand mixer or Kitchen mixer works fine. Now, when I make mine at home I use a small cast iron skillet and add a thin piece of butter. Using a ladle pour out into your pan on medium to medium high heat. The bottom should be a golden brown. Keep checking, these do not  cook like a pancake. Flip until golden (less than a minute) transfer onto another plate and cover. Continue until batter is gone. Should get about 20 pieces. 

Serve up with brown sugar, maple syrup, confectionery sugar, jelly, fruits cheeses and your family will worship like the kitchen goddess you are. That goes for you guys out there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment